Paper Bag Bacon and Eggs
- 2-3 thick strips of bacon
- 2 eggs
- Cut the bacon in half and lay the pieces side by side at the bottom of a paper bag. If the bag is not sturdy then use two bags inside each other. Make sure the entire bottom of the bag is covered.
- Crack two eggs over the bacon
- Roll the top of the bag down by folding it like you do with a tube of toothpaste. Skewer it closed with a sturdy stick or a toasting fork so you have something to hold it and not burn your hands.
- Cook the breakfast by holding it above some hot coals. Be careful that you don’t get too close and set the bag on fire. The bacon fat will be absorbed by the paper and protect the bag from burning. The bag should not drip unless it is torn.
- Once the egg is fully cooked, carfully tear the top of the bag off so you get a paper bowl. Eat right from the bag.
(From The Scout’s Outdoor Cookbook)